HARRISBURG – Allegheny County Sen. Wayne Fontana sent an email to lawmakers in the PA House in response to a carbon monoxide leak at an Allentown daycare center on Tuesday. More than 30 people were hospitalized due to a leak from a malfunctioning heating unit and blocked venting system. Thankfully, first responders were quick to the scene and there appears to be no serious harm or fatalities. There is no way to detect the presence of the deadly gas without carbon monoxide detectors. Fontana is urging the state House to pass his Senate Bill 129, which is currently in the House Health Committee. It would require carbon monoxide detectors be placed in childcare facilities. The bill passed the state Senate unanimously on September 20. Fontana added that it should not take a loss of life to spur the General Assembly to action.