HARRISBURG – A bill authored by Cambria County Rep. Frank Burns that would require PA’s public colleges and universities to offer in-state tuition rates to students in military families who are deployed or reassigned out of state received unanimous state House support. As amended, the bill would guarantee in-state tuition rates to military families as soon as a student enrolls or registers at a PA community college or submits an enrollment deposit to one of PA’s four-year state-related, state-owned or private universities that receives a state appropriation, even if their military parent is later reassigned out of state. House Bill 804 now goes to the PA Senate.
Search WDAC News:
WDAC News Recent Posts:
- Akron Man Sentenced To 8-20 Years In Prison For Causing Fatal September 2022 Crash While Intoxicated
- Shooting Investigation In Lancaster
- Cumberland County Man Charged For Threatening To Kill A United States Congressman
- Maryland Man Charged With Committing $11.5 Million Covid-19 Pandemic Fraud
- Cybersecurity Agency Warns Water Utilities Are Vulnerable To Hackers After Pennsylvania Attack