BIRD-IN-HAND – Lancaster County authorities say one person was found dead after a Monday morning explosion and fire at a hotel. State Police said the blast was reported shortly after 2:30 a.m. at the Bird-in-Hand Family Inn in the 2700 block of Old Philadelphia Pike in Bird-in-Hand. First responders reported heavy fire and smoke. A preliminary investigation indicated that it was a propane explosion. The name of the deceased has not yet been released. Business owner, John Smucker said no guests were present since the inn closes the week before Christmas every year for maintenance and repairs. He said the blast, which flattened the front office, was unrelated to repair work since the inn had just closed and the work had not begun. Smucker said the restaurant next door was damaged as well and total damage was estimated at $1 million to $2 million.