HARRISBURG (AP) – A bipartisan work group assembled by PA House Speaker, Berks County Rep. Mark Rozzi is starting its work in the politically riven chamber. Rozzi said after its first meeting Tuesday that he’s hopeful the group of three Republicans and three Democrats will aid him in developing House rules and compromise legislation. Rozzi has said little in public since he was the surprise choice to serve as speaker on Jan. 3. Republican leaders and a few other GOP members joined with all Democrats to elect Rozzi to lead the House.
Search WDAC News:
WDAC News Recent Posts:
- Fatal Crash Investigation
- Local DA Investigates Area Officer-Involved Shooting
- Attempted Robbery Of A Motor Vehicle Arrest
- GOP Impeachment Effort Against Philadelphia Prosecutor Lands Before Democrat-Majority Court
- Man Who Wounded 14 In Pennsylvania Elementary School With Machete Dies In Prison 22 Years Later